Monday, September 26, 2005
Hope Devotion Courage Destiny

Initially it wasn't a show that interest me, but I went to watch it anyway since Owen sound so interested in it, still tell me 'cheap cheap nia'. 'Cinderella Man' turned out to be one of those shows that will be in my mind for time to come. Yes the movie poster makes us think the show's boring but its definitely not abit boring, unless you hate boxing.

Its a show that inspire me, its a show which taught me that hope,devotion,courage and destiny must be everpresent to be successful. I duno, but whenever i watch such shows i would get really motivated, wanting to be like the hero in the show. Okiee laugh at u want, mock at me all u want i know it sounds silly but nevertheless reality always start from dreams. =p

More importantly, the show brought back fresh memories of how I surived my own depression years. Just take a look at my result slips from secondary 3 onwards. Look at the year, grades and my promotion status.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
1998 - horrible results, all fail except english and pls look at my position in class!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
1999 - 2nd year in sec 3 still fail again by afew marks!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
2000 - 3rd year in sec 3 and i finally passed....with flying colors!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
my o level certificate - no As but i'm proud of it!

Some of u will have probably heard of my story but the majority haven't. Under most similiar circumstances I'm pretty dead sure many of u guys would have given up upon failing the 2nd time. Worst still, many schools would not have granted a student to repeat TWICE at a certain level. I'm thankful to the principal then, and I will always be.

You can assume anything, u can say all u want, but u can't take this away from me. This is my personal glory, its something I worked super hard for. At the end of 1999 I'm in the dumps, failed secondary 3 at the 2nd time and had to repeat again when most of my friends had already passed out. Had already broken the school canning record, 13 strokes to be exact. Everyone including my parents had given up on me. Summarise it up: Nobody gave me a chance, nobody helped me, nobody gave a damn. At times i bumped into friends who had graduate they would say things like "wah floyd, u still in sch uniform ah? buay paiseh ah?". Yes I felt shameful but yes I know one day my time would come, one day they'd be made to eat their words.

At that point it's total depression. I had a choice though, wave the white flag and go to NS and start working OR fight the war. I choosed the 2nd option and its the best decision I've ever made in my life i swear. Yes the starting is always hard, getting the self belief back, trying to learn everything myself, gaining the belief and respect of everyone back and all I could said is, I fought the war myself. Nobody gave a damn about it, nobody believe me, but it doesn't matter because I believed in myself, I was determined to finish the 'race' even if it takes me as long as the great wall of china. When received my N'Levels result slip which has grade 1 for english, 2 for geography and 3 for accounts, everyone still insist its a fluke or 'tyco'. I wanted to fuck them in the face i wear but okiee its only N'Levels, just wait till i get my O'Levels results.

And the day I collected my O'Levels result slip was the proudest moment in my life. Pior to that i had such a horrible incident i swear i nearly fainted. I took the wrong result slip and its a FAILED one. I swear i was entrancingly relieved when the person said "hey floyd u took the wrong result slip, here's yours!". I looked @ it and started jumping, running around the hall! I din't know what to say, at the moment i just wished all the bloody fuckers and idiots would be there so I could slam my bloody result slip right in their face. PASSED! Yes its nothing great, all Bs and Cs but to me it's already a miracle. Nobody will know and understand the depression years i went through, the amount of stick and shit i take from all the fuckers out there.

This is life, u always fight for what u want. Reality starts from dreams and requires courage, hope, devotion and destiny to make it happen. It may have taken me 7 horrible years to finish sec school, but so what? At the end of the day i'm at the same level as those bastards and its just that I took abit longer. I may be slower but i'm determined to complete the race.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"Sometimes u see something in a fighter and u don't know if its real"
posted by mango at 11:59 PM

[ back home ]

Comments for hope,devotion,courage,destiny


MANGO
It's not easy being me
Love is my sin and thy dear virtue hate
Hate of my sin, grounded on sinful loving


Photos
Horoscopes
Facebook

floyd.ke@gmail.com


Once a red, always a red
Cut me open and I will bleed LIVERPOOL