Friday, February 10, 2006
Why do I blog?

A blog is an online diary. Bloggers are people who write blogs.

In my opinion there are various types of blogs and bloggers.

1. Those who treat their blogs like some popularity contests.
2. Those who see their blog as a very private thing, just a place to vent and rant.
3. Those who only blog when they ain't lazy. Notice the large date difference between entries.
4. Those who blog extremely detailed entries. (eg: today i go bla bla bla...eat bla bla bla...)
5. Those who use drawings/cartoons to blog instead of words. Very creative!
6. Those who blog to entertain people, they write stuffs that make people read.
7. Those whose blogs are like some picture gallery, few words but pictures everywhere.
8. Those who write according to their moods and feelings.
9. Those who blog because all their friends also got blog!
10. Those whose blog are like some news station website.

These aside, there are of course other types as well and personally i think i'm a mixture of no.2 and no.8.

I've been writing a diary/blog since the age of 15. I started out using a real diary (book and write with pen) before switching to geocities and eventually blogger/blogspot. The differences between now and then were that back then i kept my diary/blog very secretive and private as what i wrote were all very private stuffs like my evil deeds, lust, my harted, relationship stuffs, etc.

I decided to switch to blogspot and decided to make my blog public after reading other people's blogs, guys especially. I used to have this thinking that a guy who writes a diary is kind of sissy or girly and not many people would be able to accept it. Not anymore though after i read lots of blogs of other guys.

I know though there are still people out there who can't accept a guy blogging. They probably find it ridiculous or a waste of time. So here comes the golden question that bloggers face: why do u blog?

I blog for my love and passion for writing as well as the memories of my life.

People who know me really well will know that English was my all time best and favourite subject in school and writing essays is my forte. I once submitted an essay consisting of over 1000 words in an exam when the maximum was only 400-500 words. I guess being imaginative and sensitive helps in some way that i could imagine and write all sorts of things or stories out without having a stop in between.

As for memories, provided some fucking terriosts don't bomb the whole internet, I know in maybe in 10 years time I could look back fondly on this blog with lots of bitter sweet memories. We can't turn back time but we can recall the old times and through blogging I'm able to acheive that.

Reading a blog is like watching a movie<. U choose the movie u want and u buy the tickets to watch. If the show sucks, u either choose to get your dollar's worth buy sitting through the entire show or u could bloody hell leave the theatre. Some people don't seem to get the point though, they read a blog entry they don't like and start throwing all sorts of childish complaints, tantrums or vulgarties in the tagboards/comment spaces. Now these shit heads should get this fucking fact right, bloggers are not writing to satisfy your eyes and minds. We write anything we wish because this so call BLOG is a DIARY and u know what is a diary? Isn't the circumstances similiar to watching a sucky movie? U choose to stay and read or u can jolly well fuck off if u don't like what u're reading/seeing. Believe me, it doesn't makes a difference. I'm a very straight forward person so naturally what i blog is gonna piss someone off in someway but afterall am i paid to write or entertain anyone? I don't think that's the case so I simply write what i wish, discriminating or not, hurtful or not I don't give a damn. Now this is not attitude but if i were to keep every little things to myself then i might as well not blog isn't it? Then again i don't then there's a need to be so straight forward to blog things like sex and other dark secrets. These are afterall personal stuffs and everyone has their own little secrets i believe. By the way, talking about girls all the time does not make me a flirt. Neither is talking about sex making me a horny pervert. If that's what foolhardy people out there think, then be it i'm not paid to explain anyway.

Therefore i'm a blogger, i write blogs and i love doing that when i have things to write about. Now for u people who say a guy writing a blog is "bo liao" or whatever, why are u even reading this post in the first place?
posted by mango at 3:09 AM

[ back home ]

Comments for why do i blog?


MANGO
It's not easy being me
Love is my sin and thy dear virtue hate
Hate of my sin, grounded on sinful loving


Photos
Horoscopes
Facebook

floyd.ke@gmail.com


Once a red, always a red
Cut me open and I will bleed LIVERPOOL