Monday, August 25, 2008
The great debate

It has been awhile since I blogged, the primary reason is that without Mr Laptop, there isn't alot I could do. It's just not the same using someone else's laptop - there isn't the softwares I need to resize and edit my photos, there isn't alot I could do and it just isn't as comfortable sleeping on a new bed as one you have been sleep on for years. While I can't possibly get by forever with that as an excuse for not blogging, it also require something interesting or special to bring me out of my shell. I found it yesterday when I read the papers - the PM's national day rally on getting people to get married and start families younger. But that's not it, it's how they only publish the females' opinions and what they say in it that is really interesting and yet disgusting as well.

I, for one is tempted to have my own say. So from a guy's point of view using the same questions as thrown to the females, here goes...

I'm single but no desperate because...
I allow alot of opportunities, some which seem really right for me, to slip by me in the past. You could see it as I've screwed up or I haven't met Miss Right yet. Either way, it makes sense. But I don't see the point of getting married young just for the sake of it if one is not ready. As a guy there is a greater responsibility and burden carry. I've been single for 2 years and there's no rush about getting into a relationship because I would want the next one to be the last one. It's hard to find someone you like who also feels the same way as you. Many times it's a case of either party feeling differently from the other so they don't click.

Singaporean women are a turn-off because...
They are hypocrites and too money minded. Some could on for hours about how they don't need the 5Cs, or how simple minded they are. But before you know it, you see them splurging on the latest Louis Vuitton speedy handbag or talk so deep about sports cars that leaves you wondering if they expect you to pick them up in a Ferrari for a date or something. They talk about how Singaporeans guys are poor dressers but there seem to be alot more slippers, flip-flops and singlets around in town these days and no prizes for guessing which genders are the ones wearing it. I've gone on a date before where I'm all dressed up appropriately while she turned up looking like she's going to the nearby shopping mall's supermarket. If that isn't a major turn off or a lack of social graces, I don't know what it is. The women also generally have unrealistic expectations. They expect to be treated like a Queen all the time which is impossible and how can you expect a guy with power and knowledge to be submissive and pamper you like a Queen all the time? To summarize it all up, their words and actions are often contradicting and they are always difficult to appease, never contended with what they have and always seeking more. It can be suffocating after a long hard day's work where you sit down with your partner hoping to unwind or something and then she starts talking about the latest handbag, condos or going away on holiday.

My ideal partner is...
One with a kind and beautiful heart who is both family-oriented and not too outgoing. I can't handle wild cats who just want to party and have fun all the time. They don't give me a sense of security with this kind of behavior. A kind and family-oriented person tends to be more responsible and well-mannered. I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say looks doesn't matter. It does, afterall you will be seeing her everyday when you get married and obviously it has to be someone I enjoy seeing right? I need someone who is able to understand me which is probably as tough as solving the Da Vinci Code. Being intellectual, confident and self-assuring doesn't hurts too.

My response to PM Lee's National Day Rally...
While PM Lee's concerns are valid, I'm against the idea of using match-making to resolve the problem. In my opinion, it is a selfish stance that will only pile up the problems in future. How can one be so selfish as to ask the people to get married just to resolve the country's problem? That is like scarificing one's happiness to appease the nation. Will people be happy marrying someone and yet doesn't love them? There's going to be more unhappy workers everyday and definitely more divorces. We aren't living in the 70s or 80s, majority of the people here would prefer to seek their own happiness themselves without any aids. Of course there will still be a minority who, for some reasons turn to match-making. Also, the high standard of living and sub-standard income doesn't helps either. Why would anyone want to get married and start a family when they themselves already have problems financially?
posted by mango at 3:32 AM

[ back home ]

Comments for the great debate
Glad to have u back.

I read The New Paper n Sunday and I think they're contradicting as well. I don't think Sg men are a turn-off lor. Hiam too much. What else they want?

Anw, match-making.. Actually parents knows best. Many ppl I know divorced cos the one they chose is really too different. Overtime all problems surfaced.

hehehez.. eh, while i dun speak for all sg women, but im definitely nt one of those turn-offs dat u described.

now u make me wonder, if LV bags and ferraris are the norm, maybe im too easy to please....... hmmmmz

have u ever tot that u mite be too wild for a kind-hearted and family-oriented girl too? can u give her that sense of security dat u speak about?

-mandy

It's all a farce, man. All a farce...

Just live the life you choose!

PS: Just passing by...it'd be totally wrong to marry or produce offspring in the name of patriotism...

Mango Mango! Where are u???!!

Aiya... I fit your ideal partner category leh.. Too bad I married le.. Lolx!

You will meet one soon... :)

Mango! 1 mth liao!


MANGO
It's not easy being me
Love is my sin and thy dear virtue hate
Hate of my sin, grounded on sinful loving


Photos
Horoscopes
Facebook

floyd.ke@gmail.com


Once a red, always a red
Cut me open and I will bleed LIVERPOOL