Monday, October 06, 2008
Subdue the obstacles

A man has only one escape from his old self : to see a different self in the mirror of some woman's eyes.
Clare Boothe Luce

There are few moments in life as wonderful as that of having a car, a full tank of gas, a map of the entire continent spread out in front of you and the most gorgeous woman in your back seat. You would feel there isn't a place on the planet you wouldn't be able to go. Borders? What borders would there be? They will be nothing but checkpoints to remind you that you've reached a new stage in your adventure. Unfortunately for me, these checkpoints seem to be nothing but a forlorn conclusion.

In life, I tend to wait for the good things to come. And by waiting, I miss out. Usually, what I wish for doesn't falls into my arms, nor does it falls in front of me just for me to pick it up. It falls somewhere nearby, and I have to recognize it, stand up, and put in the time and effort it requires to get to it. I used to have the idea that heaven is unfair and cruel; not anymore. Heaven is smart, he knows that the things which falls into our arms, are the ones we wouldn't appreciate. I am like a man stranded in a drought and just when I had my hopes up as the skies turned dark and gloomy, a slow drizzle came instead of the thunderstorm I desired. I would have to make a decison. I would have to pick up my bucket and work to catch each drop as it falls from the skies.

Many times, my failures in life were the results of confusions getting the better of me. Each time I ask myself whether I should or shouldn't, I would often end up making the wrong choice. And so I decided that it is a time for a change, afterall if I keep doing the same things, I will keep getting the same results. If I think I could have, then I could have. As soon as I asked myself whether I should or shouldn't, it means I should. I am great believer of fate but I also believe that man can overcome destiny sometimes. Just that he needs to understand the obstacles better, and find a solution for each of time. In a war, if you are going against 2 allied armies, you could fight both of them single-handedly where he chances of winning is not as great as when u study the objectives of your enemies. They might be allies but they could be joining forces because of different reasons. Hence if you know your enemy, you will be able to use different solutions on each of them and instead of fighting 2 armies you could end up fighing just one. It is the same in life, find our your enemies, understand them and then work out what you need to do to subdue them. I think I have found out mine.

I was never one who could talk all day long directly and openly about the more private side of my life and I still is. It is not surprising then, that people often theme me as a wierdo or discreet person who is simply un-understandable. Everyone has secrets and a private and that safe is one which is entitled only to people worthly of unlocking it.
posted by mango at 7:27 PM

[ back home ]

Comments for subdue the obstacles


MANGO
It's not easy being me
Love is my sin and thy dear virtue hate
Hate of my sin, grounded on sinful loving


Photos
Horoscopes
Facebook

floyd.ke@gmail.com


Once a red, always a red
Cut me open and I will bleed LIVERPOOL