Sunday, November 02, 2008
Halloween 08

It must be the only time of the year where I could get stopped by guys in the toilet with requests of "can i take a picture with u?" or "can i take a picture of u?"

The initial plans were zouk but unfortunately when u have friends who are Saggitarius or Aries, their extreme lack of patience can make a short queue seem longer than Rapunzel's hair. The queue wasn't long but the number of people who were queuing for their 'friends' and the refusal of the management to open the door until 9pm or something makes it really unpleasant especially when u consider the number of people in costumes and make up that must have made them felt like humans in an oven. Then someone suggested Double O, I suggested St James but the majority of the votes went to Double O. I had no say, and I guess Zouk will have to wait another year. It was a pity because there were alot of interesting costumes around and the atmosphere should be perfect.

It was only about 9 when we got to Double O and to be honest I wasn't too please about going there. I told Jeri that if most of the people there aren't in costumes then I'm getting my ass out of there. When we got in, the place was rather empty, so much that the smoking room actually reeks of more air conditioned air than cigarette smoke. I was annoyed and being me, no matter how much I try to hide my displeasure or unhappiness, even with the aid of a mask, it will always show. My body language was that of a man being forced to be standing at where I was currently. I guess they got the message and soon we were on the way to Butter Factory where there was a queue that doesn't seem long. It was there were the halloween mood started to really take off as we fooled around with each other and took photos with absolute strangers. Then Sze Wei and Shank came with their friends and things got better there only for the impatience of Daniel to move things back to Double O again. His reason was that the queue wasn't moving. It was ridiculous because the queue had moved at least 200 metres from where we started to where we were presently. The last thing I wanted was an argument on this ocassion so I told them they could go back to Double O while I stayed on with Sze Wei and the others to see how things went.

Unfortunately for me they seem to have made the right decision. A "Full House" sign was soon placed right in front of me and there were only like 10 heads before me. I waited another 15 minutes before deciding i wasn't going to waste another minute of it and headed back to Double O to join them again.

The misfortune of the queuing aside, things were really smooth the whole night except my body which was sweating horribly under the costume. But it must have been worth it was I kept getting photo requests, stares, waves, compliments about my costumes, hugs, and even kisses from absolute strangers including a guy who wore an SIA stewardess outfit! The only troubles were that I had to lift my mask to smoke or drink. So I am pleased to have come through my first Halloween which I dressed up - successfuly. Onwards to next year!

(There are too many photos, majority have been placed up on my 3 major social sites - hi5, friendster, facebook. happy viewing!)

Photobucket

Photobucket
No taxi would take us until Daniel removed his mask to flag a cab while we hide somewhere!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The funiest costume I saw!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My costume for the night - a mix and match from my own creations
posted by mango at 6:11 PM

[ back home ]

Comments for halloween 2008


MANGO
It's not easy being me
Love is my sin and thy dear virtue hate
Hate of my sin, grounded on sinful loving


Photos
Horoscopes
Facebook

floyd.ke@gmail.com


Once a red, always a red
Cut me open and I will bleed LIVERPOOL